This tutorial cover Raspbian PHP 7 installation as well as Apache 2 configuration.
Prerequisite: Apache 2 installation exists
1. Download PHP source code from http://php.net/downloads.php and then decompressed it to have a PHP folder contains source code
2. On the terminal, install the libxml2:
sudo apt-get install libxml2-dev
3. Inside the PHP folder at step #1,configure the build:
./configure ––with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs ––with-mysqli ––enable-mbstring
- apxs was installed when installing Apache 2. In this example, the Apache 2 was installed at /usr/local/apache2.
- The default location of php.ini is /usr/local/lib/. Use ––with-config-file-path=<path> if you need to put the php.ini file at somewhere else.
- ––with-mysql was removed, use ––with-mysqli instead (https://github.com/php-build/php-build/issues/348)
- ––enable-mbstring is required for using phpMyAdmin
sudo make install
Here are a few more steps to configure Apache 2 to support PHP:
1. Open the httpd.conf to edit:
sudo nano /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf
2. Make sure the following line exists and not commented:
LoadModule php7_module modules/libphp7.so
3. Add the following lines to let Apache parse PHP files:
4. Enable mod_rewrite:
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
5. Save and close Nano by pressing Ctrl+X and Y
6. Restart Apache 2:
sudo /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl restart
Also, check out Install MariaDB / MySQL on Raspbian / Debian